Article 1 This set of Regulations is instituted for the proper assignment of duties and functions to the units of the Central Branch of National Property Administration, Ministry of Finance (hereinafter referred to as “the Branch”) .
Article 2 The Director of the Branch shall administer the operation of the Branch, command and supervise all staff of the Branch. The Deputy Director(s) of the Branch shall assist the Director of the Branch in administering the operation of the Branch.
Article 3 The functions of the Secretary are specified below:
1. Drafting work plans.
2. Review and finalization of all documents
3. Coordination across departments
4. Management of administrative affairs
5. Preparation, attendance of meetings or presiding over the meetings
6. Performing assignments from superior officials
Article 4 The Branch consists of the following sections, offices and regional offices:
1. Takeover Section, with 2 subordinate sub-sections.
2. Survey & Assessment Section, with 2 subordinate sub-sections.
3. Disposition Section, with 2 subordinate sub-sections.
4. Management Section, with 2 subordinate sub-sections.
5. Lease Section, with 2 subordinate sub-sections.
6. Improvement & Utilization Section, with 2 subordinate sub-sections.
8. Office of Personnel Administration
9. Office of Civil Service Ethics
10. Office of Budget, Accounting and Statistics
11. Hsinchu Reginal Office, with 2 subordinate sub-sections.
12. Nantou Regional Office, with 3 subordinate sub-sections.
13. Yunlin Regional Office, with 3 subordinate sub-sections.
14. Changhua Regional Office, with 3 subordinate sub-sections.
15. Miaoli Regional Office, with 3 subordinate sub-sections.
Article 5 The Takeover Section shall be in charge of the following duties:
1. Takeover and registration of national property for non-public use, property donation to the state, social land where the shareholders or members of the collectives are Japanese under Japanese occupation, collective lands and property of Japanese under Japanese rule, and treasury land.
2. Cleaning up of unregistered lands and state-owned land registration, processing of unregistered state-owned land with prescription claim by the public, application of local government for investment to cultivate new waterways with acquisition of land pending on registration.
3. The filing, alteration, cancellation, statistical compilation and preparing of related charts and tables for cadastration of national property for non-public use, and the sampling inspection, evaluation, and supervision of cadastration management.
4. Taking custody of property of missing people, unclaimed estate, and nationalization of such property.
5. Takeover and management of property confiscated for settlement of outstanding tax payment and accepted by taxation authorities under administrative action but cannot be auctioned.
6. Excavation and salvage of buried and submerged property.
7. Processing the application for appropriation, abolition of appropriation, and borrowing by government agencies at all levels.
8. Processing the change of national property for public use to national property for non-public use.
9. Processing reclassification of property.
10. Any other duties related to the takeover, registration, cadastration management, estate management, tax settlement, appropriation, borrowing and appropriation under approval of national property.
Article 6 The Survey and Assessment Section shall be in charge of the following duties:
1. Planning and execution of state-owned realty inspection plans.
2. Survey, partition and preparation of survey charts and tables of all state-owned realty cases, and related changes in property cadastration.
3. Handling erroneous land registration records, related disputes, re-survey of lands and contradiction between cadastral drawings and records.
4. Adjustment of demarcation line and handling the demarcation of jointly-owned realty in agreement.
5. Demarcation line, joint survey, confirmation and related matters of re-survey of cadastral map.
6. Handling the detailed calculation of land price.
7. Staff operation of the assessment team meeting.
8. The collection and management of information on land price, assessment and pricing of national property.
9. Handling disagreement on national property price.
10. Any other duties related to the inspection, survey, cadastral management and pricing.
Article 7 The Disposition Section shall be in charge of the following duties:
1. The processing of bid invitation for selling of state-owned realty for non-public use.
2. The processing of the assignment of state-owned realty for non-public use.
3. The processing of development proposal of state-owned realty for non-public use.
4. The processing of the valuation of state-owned realty for non-public use for investment.
5. The processing of title swap of state-owned realty for non-public use.
6. The processing of donation of state-owned realty for non-public use.
7. The release of state-owned land for claims.
8. Fiduciary management of unclaimed estate and the processing of the transfer of bid invitation of property for selling under law.
9. The processing of landform adjustment in agreement.
10. Any other duties related to the disposition of national property for non-public use.
Article 8 The Management Section shall be in charge of the following duties:
1. Undertaking of entrusted management cases.
2. The processing of passage cases.
3. The processing of structures for water resources and conservation of water and soil.
4. The processing of gravel mining and water rights.
5. Insurance of national housing for non-public use and the maintenance and management of state-owned realty for non-public use.
6. Tax and other payments for state-owned realty for non-public use.
7. The scrapping, destruction, and demolition of state-owned realty for non-public use.
8. The repossession of occupied state-owned realty for non-public use and claims for afterwards compensation.
9. Processing the petition of the public for prescription of superficies.
10. Other duties related to the maintenance and management of state-owned realty for non-public use.
Article 9 The Lease Section shall be in charge of the following duties:
1. The leasing, title transfer, succession, replacement of contract for renewal of lease of state-owned realty for non-public use.
2. Calculation of compensation for rental application, and default charge.
3. Management of rent collection, installments, reduction and waiver, and reporting on overdue rent, default accounts, and collection of overdue accounts.
4. Petition for entitlement for sharing the proceeds from court auction of superficies as compensation for the outstanding payment of rent for the sites of superficies and related compensation of land use.
5. The issuing of certificates of approval use of lands for the Lessees as foundation site, plantation land, forestry, and livestock farming.
6. Compensation for repossession of farmlands under the 375 Rent Reduction Program at the termination of the contract, related mediation, settlement, and lawsuits.
7. Notification of corrective action on breach of lease agreement, repossession of the subject matter of lease and related legal actions.
8. Split up the profit from lumbering, application for forest registration, and report on lumbering plan.
9. Other duties related to the leasing of national property for non-public use, and handling the accrued interest.
Article 10 The Improvement & Utilization Section shall be in charge of the following duties:
1. The exploration, selection, collection of information and preliminary assessment, reservation and control of lands suitable for improvement and utilization.
2. Processing of change land registration under urban planning and non-urban land and related registration.
3. Expropriation of land sections, urban renewal, consigned operation and superficies setting.
4. Agreement on land improvement, utilization and feasibility study.
5. The evaluation and selection of the partners for appointment, entrustment, or joint venture for improvement, and the supervision of construction and engineering.
6. The drafting and reporting for approval of plans for improvement and utilization, report on completion, and the drafting, singing, and reporting for approval of the agreements on improvement and further use of lands.
7. Responding to the breach of agreement on improvement for further use of lands.
8. Acceptance of realty after improvement and utilization and the accounting of the works on subsequent improvement and utilization.
9. The planning of realty after improvement and utilization.
10. Other matters related to improvement and utilization of property.
Article 11 The Secretariat shall be in charge of the following duties:
1. Custody of official seals and management of documents and files.
2. Cashier, financial management, construction and maintenance, purchase, and general affairs.
3. Liaison with the parliament, media and public relation policy planning, study, implementation, management and evaluation.
4. Management of workers (including technical workers and drivers) and security guards.
5. Other duties not assigned to other sections, offices, and regional offices.
Article 12 The Office of Personnel administration shall manage human resources matters of the Branch.
Article 13 The Office of Civil Service Ethics shall manage ethics and anti-corruption affairs of the Branch.
Article 14 The Office of Budget, Accounting and Statistics shall manage budgetary, accounting and statistical affairs of the Branch.
Article 15 The Hsinchu Regional Office, Nantou Regional Office, Yunlin Regional Office, Changhua Regional Office and Miaoli Regional Office shall be in charge of the following duties:
1. Administering the takeover, registration, cadastral management, appropriation, borrowing, reclassification, and estate management.
2. Administering the inspection, survey, demarcation, cadastral drawing management and pricing of national property.
3. Administering bid invitation for selling and assignment of state-owned realty for non-public use, and transfer of property for bidding for selling under law.
4. Administering the availability of state-owned realty for non-public use for development, valuation for investment, donation and swap of property right.
5. Administering the maintenance and management of state-owned realty for non-public use and actions on occupied lands.
6. Administering the passage of state-owned realty for non-public use, erection of structures for water resources or conservation of water and soil, gravel mining, and the acquisition of prescription of superficies.
7. Administering the leasing of national property for non-public use, collection of rents, and management of lease agreements.
8. Administering the establishment of superficies on state-owned realty for non-public use, expropriation of land sections, urban renewal, consigned operation, and improvement and utilization of lands.
9. Management and maintenance of information operation, documentation, filing, research and evaluation, cashier, asset management, miscellaneous affairs management and control.
10. Other duties related to national property under their jurisdiction.
Article 16 The Branch adopts the system of hierarchical responsibilities and delegation, which is in accordance with the detailed chart of responsibilities.
Article 17 The Regulations shall come into force on January 1, 2013.
The revised articles shall come into force on January 8, 2015.